Troubleshooting: Can’t sign in via Google ID in Clash Royale
Normally when you face this problem:
- Can’t Sign In with Google ID.
- Can’t load Clash Royale accounts.
- Load wrong account.
Players on Clash Royale Arena have given me dozens of methods and I have tried them all but just only some of them were able to successfully fixed this problem. I am going to give you all of those methods. If a method doesn’t work for you, just try the next one. If you don’t understand any step in this tutorial, don’t hesitate to comment and I will help you out!
At first, please check these things:
- If you are from China, try to change the DNS of your Internet Connection to 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.
- Are you using the latest Google Services version? If not, please update them via Google Play.
- Try to clear Cache of your Google Services by going to Settings > Application Manager > Google Play Services > Clear Cache.
- Try to remove all of your current Google accounts then re-add them. This can fix the problem most of the time.
- Go to Google Settings Application > Connected Apps then Disconnect Clash Royale.
- In Clash Royale, try to double tap on the red Disconnected button. Many players mentioned that this solution worked.
If the solutions above still don’t work for you, please try this:
- Open Google Settings App -> Choose Play Games -> Delete Play Games Profile.
- Open Clash Royale.
- In the Game Settings menu, try to connect with your Google ID again.
- Everything should be okay now.
And this is the last solution which was shared by Dario Neves
- On your device, Open Google Play Store.
- Open My Apps & Games menu and open the tab “All”.
- Enable “Google Play Games”.